Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

We're still here!

Well, it sure has been a while.  There has been a lot going on here and nothing going on here all at the same time, if you can believe that.  It has been a long HOT summer.  We have not been doing anything that requires being outside unless we are in the pool.  This is our first summer without our pool.  Actually it is our second summer without our pool because we stayed at my mother's last year while the house was being built but it was not nearly as hot as it has been this summer.  We went from winter to summer in a matter of 24 hours back in March and the heat hasn't let up yet.  Thank God for central air. 

Olivia has been to my sister's community pool and has been doing so great jumping in and going underwater.  We are working on floating and kicking, but she would rather just jump in and go under because it is more fun.  We are hoping to take her to the beach in the next couple of weeks.  Although at the rate we are going summer is never going to end and we have plenty of beach time left.  

Olivia is on the Company Elite Dance Team and taking regular lessons so she is pretty busy which in turn keeps me busy. 

She is transferring to the new Goddard School that is 2 minutes from our house.  It should be a lot easier for me in the morning and in the afternoon.  Right now I am spending about an hour in the car traveling to bring her to school and then going on to work and then another hour coming home.  This should save me a lot of drive time and gas.  Hopefully she will like it there.  She is a little sad about leaving all of her friends and teachers but I know she will make new friends quickly, she always does.  September 1st is the big day for her in her new class.  

I took Olivia and my mother to see the musical "Annie" in July.  She loved it.  It was very emotional for me to see her watching the opening act with such awe and amazement on her face.  It was also pretty special because when I was young and went to see "Annie"  the girl who played Annie was in this production playing Miss Hanigan.  So it was a pretty sentimental time for me and my baby.  

Well, without further a do here are some pictures of little Miss. I haven't taken too many because we haven't been doing anything worth taking pictures.  But here are a few cute pics of her sweet face.  Enjoy.


Can't you just hear her laughing.  It's intoxicating!

Olivia loves puzzles.  She can put together the 100 piece puzzles in no time.  I need to find some 200 piece ones for her.  She likes to start in the middle and it drives me nuts because I always start with the outside and then build from there, but she doesn't like to do the outside first. 

Olivia was helping her Daddy put up the new blue bird house.  We had a nest and 4 eggs were laid, but unfortunately none of them made it.  I am sure the extreme heat and the fact that this was a young mama had something to do with them not surviving.  Next year will be better.  Olivia loves her blue birds.





Cutie Patootie

Besos!!

Oh, yeah I forgot we went to the museum in Durham.  We love that place.  Especially the animals.  Our friend Max the cow is our favorite.  we get to pet him. 

This bird pooped on me in the butterfly house.  I thought he was cute until that happened.  Olivia was grossed out. 

Banging the drums at the museum






Company dance practice last Saturday.  She was there from 11:30 am to 5:00 pm and she learned two dance routines.  She was so tired when we got there to watch them at 4:30pm.  She did great though and not only did she learn her two dances but she also learned quite a few of the older girls steps as well.  Their costumes are so cute I can't wait to see their routine polished and performing on stage.   

No comments:

Olivia Talking

Thank you Shannon for the great idea of filming the DVD while it plays!! This will have to do until I get the proper program. The quality is not very good doing it this way but it's better than nothing.