Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 21, 2010

Update

Olivia has been a busy little girl.  Her NaNa from NY visited for a week and was able to attend her recital.  Olivia almost didn't make it to dress rehearsal because as I was curling her hair with the curling iron, I dropped it on her wrist by accident and burned her skin pretty bad.  I was devastated.  I couldn't believe I did that to my baby girl.  She cried and cried. then fell asleep.  We woke her just in time to get to dress rehearsal.  She didn't seem to be bothered by her burn much past the initial pain. I had some really great prescription burn medicine that helped a lot.  You can see her burn in the picture below of her getting her hair done on the front porch.  It looks so much better now.  Her skin pigment is starting to come back and it doesn't hurt at all. 

It has been so hot here that Olivia has been going swimming with my sister in her community pool.  She is getting darker and darker.  Five minutes in the sun and she has a tan line.  I am so jealous of her beautiful skin color. 

Olivia also auditioned for the Company Elite Dance Team with her Dance Studio.  She was invited to join the team based on her audition.  She has been offered a group dance and a solo.  I am so proud of her.  She is becoming a great little dancer.  If we accept all the dance invitations she will be performing at the Raleigh Christmas Tree Lighting , Disney World and 2 competitions one in Myrtle Beach and one in Winston Salem.   I am a little nervous about her doing a solo but I think it will be good for her.  Dance has taught her so much.  She has gained so much confidence.   

Right now she is in a summer dance class and she is doing tap and ballet, the company stuff won't start until August and she will also have her regular dance class for the 2010 - 2011 season. 

She is starting swimming lessons this Friday and I am very excited for her to do that.  She loves the water and the sooner she learns to swim the better I will feel.  I sure do miss our pool though.  It has been HOT HOT HOT here. 

At the end of July I will be taking her and my Mother to see the musical 'Annie' she is so excited. 

I think that's it for right now.  All I know is that I'm tired and for the first time in my life I have to keep a calendar to keep track of Olivia's schedule.  She takes it all in stride and I am a nervous wreck.  Hopefully this will teach me a few things about time management.  I am not so good at doing things in advance so I don't have to rush around last minute. 

Here are some random cute pictures of Olivia.  Enjoy!

That smile melts my heart!


I wish I knew she had a dirty face before I started taking pictures, but this smile is just too cute even with a dirty face.


Nana and Olivia took turns putting rollers in each other's hair to make curls. 






Miss Shelly painted a flower on Olivia's face.  She was sweaty so some of it wiped off but it looked cute anyway.

New dance leotard.

This picture is hard to see because she was moving so fast, but it's funny because she was in her room playing dress up and came out in this onsie.  It is a size 3 to 6 months infant and it was going to be a gift for a baby boy but she stretched it out a little.  I was cracking up that she actually got her body in it.  The picture below shows how short it was on her.   It crept pretty good in the front and the back.   

Wild thing!!




Helping Daddy put up our new Blue Bird house

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What a DOLL!! And, the little onesie story cracked me up. Kids are soooo funny, aren't they? I know you all must be so proud of your little dancing queen! I've enjoyed visiting your blog and it is just amazing at the love a child can bring in to one's heart.

(i found your blog when we were looking into adoption)

Olivia Talking

Thank you Shannon for the great idea of filming the DVD while it plays!! This will have to do until I get the proper program. The quality is not very good doing it this way but it's better than nothing.